DBS Status & Public Liability

DBS certificate

I have an up to date basic DBS Certificate which is available to view on a valid request.

If I am undertaking work which requires an enhanced DBS disclosures, for example, photographing children or vulnerable adults on location at schools, play groups, activity centres, churches or other religious buildings etc. it is the responsibility of the requesting organisation (of the work) to seek and pay for an enhanced check on me. I am more than happy to submit my details for this on request..

It should be emphasised though that as a professional photographer, I am not employed by the school/organisation, and therefore have NO responsibility for the children.  The teachers/carers are employed to have that responsibility and therefore should ensure I am chaperoned at all times in the presence of children/vulnerable adults. I will refuse to start or continue a shoot if l am to be left alone with children or vulnerable adults.

Be assured though that I will not work on a location (voluntary or otherwise) that would leave me alone with children or vulnerable adults – a teacher/carer/parent will always need to be present (including at all studio family/child shoots/studio parties).

Public Liability

I have Public Liability Insurance for all activities undertaken under any operation by Just For You Photography (SY) Limited. This is available to view on a valid request.